Monday, March 31, 2014

Pizza Vesuvio

This family run restaurant was discovered by my brother who works nearby Pizza Vesuvio. Beautifully decked out with mismatched chairs, blackboard menus and an open kitchen you really do feel like you in a family home.


The pizza's are quite pricey, the same level as Colcacchio's at over R100 there are however other items on the menu and really great lunch specials of pasta and beer combo's.


So at a place called Pizza Vesuvio I had to try the pizza, bear in mind my brother and I don't eat much cheese, these pizza's still look amazing and all were of very high quality, good ingredients and speedy service.


This one is a classic Italian choice, we added fresh avocado with olives and anchovies, one of my favorites it really cures any salt craving which I need after all this triathlon training.


This restaurant has really managed to to make a version of pizza base closest to the pizza I ate in Italy, light thin base, few toppings but still gooey and addictive texture. Above is buffalo mozzarella with parma ham and rocket.


Pictured above is parma ham, avocado and rocket, making my mouth water just writing this post, I must make my next booking at this restaurant soon, go at lunch time and relax to the Italian music playing in the background, smell of pizza in the air and friendly family style service.

Pizza Vesuvio
Waterfront road , Tygerwaterfront
021-9141414

Pictures and article copyright by Tamsyn Wells


No comments: