Thursday, November 26, 2015

My version Crustless Quiche, salmon, broccoli and a crunchy salad

The other day I entered a competition on Instagram through one of our local foodies, Sarah Graham, and I won! Sarah asked what our favorite ingredient to take on a safari would be and my answer was "lemons" they tenderise, flavour, add freshness, can be used as a marinade and a decoration for the table. My prize was 3 of Sarah's books all signed, her books are filled with quick and easy recipes, just what I needed on this off day with limited stock in the kitchen.


I decided to try the Crustless spinach and trout quiche which is gluten and wheat free due to having no crust but I also made it dairy free and changed the filling slightly to suit what I had at home, the name of the book I chose first " Home".


My version Crustless Quiche with salmon, broccoli and a crunchy salad
Makes 4

1/4 head of broccoli, roughly chopped and rinsed
1 tin salmon flaked, drained of its brine
few sprigs celery leaves chopped
15ml lemon juice
salt and pepper
sprinkle of paprika

Custard:
3 eggs
200ml - 220ml almond milk, unsweetened
pinch of salt

Salad:
2 small tomatoes, cubed
piece of cucumber, cubed
fresh soft herbs (dill, parsley, coriander)
20ml extra virgin olive oil
5ml apple cider vinegar

Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
filling: microwave the broccoli for 2 minutes covered in a bowl.
mix with the other ingredients. spay 4 holes of a muffin tin and share the mix between the hollows.
Custard: mix together and pour over the filling, bake for 20-25 minutes
Salad: mix together and season.



Pictures and recipe copyright by Tamsyn Wells


No comments: