Thursday, January 24, 2013

Loading Bay

This evening we were deciding  between a Clarke's Burger or a Loading Bay Burger, not having tried the Loading Bay yet we decided since its burger night to give it a try. They both use the same beef patty from Bill Riley but the end result is very different.


I love the design and decor of this Cafe' it's bright, warm, relaxed, sunny, casual but cool. I have been once for lunch and was very happy with my chicken wrap but this evening is Burger night, every Thursday they have an evening dedicated to Burgers, wine and Beer.


I chose the Devil's Peak Golden Ale which was absolutely delicious. I tried it once before at the beer festival at the Biscuit Mill and I am so glad I know where to find it now as it's easily one of my favorite Artisan Brew's. Very easy drinking and goes great with the burger.


So on Thursday evening's there is only a choice of Beef or vegetarian with truffle fries or salad. It is a really perfect looking burger which gets better and better the more you eat, filled with pickled jalapeno, tomato, lettuce, a mayo or sour cream dressing and a really light glossy hamburger roll, the first burger I have eaten which almost feels fresh and healthy instead of rich and heavy.


I had a great time, good food, beer and coffee, I will definitely go back to try a few other items I spotted on the menu. Total Bill for 2 with drinks and tip was R300. They also sell clothing and denim, closed on Sunday's and open until 4 or 5pm.

Find Them on:
30 Hudson Street
De Waterkant
Cape Town
Tel: 021425 6321

Pictures and Article copyright by Tamsyn Wells

No comments: