Thursday, November 28, 2013

Launch of Pick 'n Pay V&A Waterfront

I was happy to be invited to this launch from the beautiful gift I received as my invite to the actual event. Cordials on arrival, Bean There coffee's, Moet Champagne, canapes and biscuits, we mingled awaiting the doors to open.


The Pick 'n Pay has moved to a below sea water level in the parking lot of the Waterfront, all part of the R140 Million upgrade it has just gone through in time for the festive shopping season.


This new store is most definitely a "Superstore" it has the widest range of products I have seen in CT, from the basics to the unusual like Kobe style beef, duck eggs, quail eggs, gelato, imported oils, teas and coffee's to name just a few.


I also bought a squeezie of tahini a sesame based sauce used in falafels and a jar of chipotle chillies which I was searching for not too long ago and now know where to get it.


Chatting to my Silwood Kitchen teachers where I studied, we mentioned how nice it would be to be a student now, in my day I had to drive to all corners of CT to find some of these products for our practicals, now they right on our doorstep.


There is over 400 different varieties of cheese and a large selection of imported Charcuterie, very easy to cater a cheese and wine party from these deli counters.


All sorts of fresh fish, smoked, peppered and I even saw crab legs, massive tiger prawns and whole crabs.


They have all the normal meats from organic to halaal and once again some of the unusual making an appearance like duck fat, duck legs, rabbit legs, Kobe style beef and ostrich tenderloin as well as this well stocked biltong bar at R150/kg.

             

There is also a large variety of prepared meals that you can buy paid by weight to enjoy with the goodies you have bought.
This will definitely be my go to store from now on with its 1.5hrs free parking as long as you spend R150 its well worth a visit.

Article and pictures copyright by Tamsyn Wells


No comments: