Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Paleo meal ideas

Here are a few Paleo meal ideas to help you get started if you are keen on trying this way of eating, it improves digestion, varicose veins, acne, gout, osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and obesity as back in the day the cavemen or hunters and gatherers were free from chronic illness.

The diet consists of eating meat, fish, seafood, fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts and healthy oils. Not included in our ancestors diets were dairy, grains, legumes, refined sugars and processed foods which makes sense as we are all becoming intolerant to these products.

I have been following the diet again when possible to see if I begin to feel as good as I did before when I tried it.
Here are a few meal ideas I will post as I go along.


I crave oats some mornings, warm and filling, beneficial for varicose veins, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and digestive issues. Here I made it with only water, allowed to cook then I added natural honey, cinnamon, flax seeds adding omega oils and strawberries a powerful cancer fighting antioxidant. Cinnamon helps with muscle spasms and fungal infections to name just a few of its benefits.


Most mornings I must admit I really feel like a nice crispy piece of toast but if you read the benefits above and the lack of benefits in a slice of toast there is almost no competition. So for this breakfast you need to add texture with the sliced cucumbers which prevent water retention and have anti tumor properties, hard boiled eggs a great source of protein, good for heartburn and indigestion. Sliced avocado which boosts the immune system and plumps the skin and smoked salmon for its omega 3 topped with lemon juice for a boost of vitamin C.


This is a Patagonian calamari stir fry with steamed potatoes, bok choy, chorizo (not part of the diet as it has preservatives but I had it in the freezer and wanted to use it up), onion, ginger, garlic, lime juice and smoked paprika. The onion is great for circulation, ginger for colds and muscle cramps, garlic is a natural antibiotic and fungal cure, bok choy protects your joints from arthritis and detox the liver. Calamari / squid is very low in fat but a rich source of zinc, ridding the body of harmful metals.


This is a chicken, bok choy, pineapple, baby marrow and green bean stir fry with oyster sauce, sesame oil and lime juice. The chicken is another low fat protein, pineapple is good for digestion and inflammation, baby marrow is loaded with vitamins but to effectively absorb they must be eaten with avocado or olive oil. Sesame seeds and oil reduce anxiety and give you your recommended folic acid. Topped with lime juice a supplier of flavonoids.

After writing down all these benefits for you I am amazed at what good vitamins and minerals I have fed myself and I have only given you an abbreviated version. It must be good. Keep at it, more meals and nutrient advice to follow.

All these meals are wheat and dairy free.

Article and pictures copyright by Tamsyn Wells

No comments: