Saturday, February 1, 2014

Royale Eatery

I have been going to Royale for so long that it never occurred to me to blog about it until I took a sabbatical from the eatery, went the other day again and it reignited my memory that it is actually one of my favorite burger joints in Cape Town.


Their website states they have over 50 burgers and counting, I have had about 10 of the 50 and all were great. My favorites are the Sweet Petunia, a basted beef patty with mushroom, rocket and mustard mayo and the El Burro, a beef patty blended with chorizo, coriander, and chillies, topped with mozzarella, smoked jalapenos, avocado and roast tomato salsa (pictured above).

They make everything fresh on site with different options of vegetarian, beef and chicken as well as basting or home made tomato relish and my favorite addition of wheat free, plain or wholewheat rolls. The sides are fries, sweet potato fries, salad or a mix of all and comes with tomato sauce, whipped sour cream and chilli sauce.

I don't need to say anymore, great vibe, great place, Royale Eatery.

Royale Eatery
237 Long Street Cape Town
021 422- 4536


Pictures and article copyright by Tamsyn Wells

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you happen to know what's in their famous baste recipe?