Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nougat Filled Peanut Butter Cupcakes


I am not really that into sweet treats, If I am offered sweet or salty 9 times out of 10 I will choose Salty but Cupcakes are a weakness of mine, because of this I don't make them very often as I would eat just about the whole batch.
I always laugh when I make a new flavour as when I was younger , staying at home I would test them out on my brothers and they would always say "they are good but they could possibly be a bit better if you added this or that " this would cleverly send me back to the kitchen to make yet another batch and of course the brothers had an endless supply while I was striving for "perfection".
I love peanut butter for its sweet, salty stickiness and so I made these cupcakes and cut up peanut butter, nougat chocolates to put in the centre.

Nougat Filled Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Makes 12 small or 9 Big cupcakes

215ml Cake flour
6ml Baking Powder
2ml Salt
1ml Bicarbonate of Soda
100g Softened Butter
150ml Castor Sugar
80ml Smooth Peanut Butter
2 eggs
60 ml Milk
5ml White Vinegar
5ml Vanilla essence
1 Bar Peanut butter nougat chocolate

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Line a tray with cupcake cups.
Cream the butter and sugar, I used a magimix.
Add eggs one at a time.
Mix the Milk, vinegar and vanilla.
Mix the dry ingredients and add to the mixture alternately with the milk.
Place a spoonful in each cup, add a block of the chocolate and top with another spoon of mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool.

Peanut Butter Frosting
180g Butter
1.5 - 2 cups icing sugar
60ml Peanut Butter
Pinch of salt
Dash of milk
Strawberry Jam

In a magimix, soften the butter, add the icing sugar, peanut butter, salt and milk.
Blend until smooth.
Ice the cool cupcakes with a thick layer of icing, make a dent in the centre and place a dollop of Strawberry jam in the centre and decorate with cupcake decorations or fresh strawberries.

Picture and Recipe Copyright by Tamsyn Wells




No comments: