Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Butcher Man

I was happy when running past one day as this place was being decorated, waiting to see if it was going to be a butchery or restaurant, well it's a bit of everything right on my doorstep in Green point. The Butcher Man has recently opened it's doors on Somerset Road.


An eye catching exterior, I took a walk there the other day to see what they have to offer where I met the Husband and Wife team that own it.


Beautifully laid out, go to The Butcher Man for all you meaty needs and watch them preparing the cuts in front of your eyes.


As you walk in they have branded merchandise on sale like aprons and shirts as well as a cafe area where there are a few items on a menu or you can buy any cut of meat there and they will cook it for you, perfectly as well as a large variety of biltong to nibble on while you wait.


They stock all cuts and kinds of meat, great for our Braai country, there is pork, beef, Karoo Lamb, chicken, sausages, mince... to name a few of the standard choices. They will source anything you need that they don't have and prepare it any way you like.


There are a large variety of vinegars, oils and relishes, spices and a table filled with great gift idea's for the avid cook's or chefs all beautifully packaged.


I was also happy to see the more unusual items available here like quail, rabbit, ducks and even crocodile, I wish they were open when I was studying and my school sent us off on a search for these items. So for my next braai I am definitely visiting The Butcher Man.

105 Main Road Green Point
021 - 4341111

Pictures and Article Copyright by Tamsyn Wells

No comments: